Camera & Lens Rentals
Competitive cameras is one of the largest rental houses in the DFW metroplex
Whether you are an amateur photographer or a seasoned professional, competitive cameras rental department will assist you in getting the professional gear to fit your needs. our gear is routinely checked and serviced to ensure proper operation during your photo shoot.
Rental Requirements & Policies
- Valid Driver’s License in the Renter’s Name
- Major Credit Card in the Renter’s Name – We will take an authorization for the value of the rented gear at pickup. Please note that your credit card must have this value available toward the credit line. Debit Cards & Check cards are not acceptable as collateral for rentals.
- For rentals exceeding $5,000 in gear, Proof of Insurance by the renter must be provided in advance of all rental pickups.
- Cash Deposit – Renter may provide a cash deposit for the value of the rental gear at the time of pickup. This deposit will be returned once the rental is returned.
- Renters are 100% responsible for all rental equipment once the rental equipment leaves Competitive Cameras.
- Rentals will be charged at the day rate for equipment that is lost or stolen until Competitive Cameras is reimbursed for the full replacement cost of the equipment.
* Please refer to our rental terms and conditions for any questions regarding rentals at Competitive Cameras.
* Please rotate your phone to landscape orientation for optimal viewing.
We accept rental reservations 2 weeks prior to your rental date. We recommend reserving your equipment ahead of time to ensure availability. Please contact us at 214-744-5511 to schedule your rental.
- Daily Rentals are due 24 hours from the time they are picked up.
- Weekend items are picked up Friday between 1:00 PM- 5:00 PM and are due back Monday by 11:00 AM
- The Weekend rate is the daily rate for rental pickups on Friday after 12:00 PM and returned on Monday by 11:00 AM. Additional rental charges apply to rentals returned after 11:00 AM Monday.
- Weekly Rate – Is a full calendar week. The weekly rate is equal to 3X the daily rate.
Rental Terms & Conditions
Please read all information!
By renting equipment from Competitive Cameras, LTD. (referred to hereafter as ‘the lessor’), you (referred to hereafter as ‘the lessee’) accept that the equipment is in good, functional condition at the time received.
- The lessee agrees to pay the rental rate for the period the merchandise is used and in transit.
- The lessee further agrees to promptly return the merchandise at the end of the rental period in the same condition as received.
- The lessee also agrees to pay for any damages to, or loss of, the rented merchandise occurring during their time of possession or because of loss and or damage from improperly packing the returning equipment shipment.
- Upon return and inspection any and all repairs necessary and or accessories missing that were itemizes will be charged at our current rates and billed to the lessee.
- A full day rental is charged, even for a partial days use. There are absolutely no refunds for early returns. The lessee agrees to pay the regular rental rate for each day that the merchandise is in his possession and until it is returned to the lessor.
- The lessee will also pay the lessor for any charges incurred by the lessor to recover merchandise not promptly returned when requested. The lessor retains title to the merchandise and the right to end this lease and take possession of the merchandise if it is not returned on request.
- The lessor assumes no responsibility for damage to film materials or other liability of any kind resulting from the use or malfunction of the equipment. The lessee agrees that the limit of our liability is limited to a refund of the actual RENTAL Charge ONLY.
- The lessee must present a copy of both sides of their valid current State Drivers License or State Photo ID. and deposit equal to the actual value of the merchandise in the form of a credit card authorization or cash to be returned upon completion of the rental. The deposit can only be waived if the lessee can provide a certificate of insurance.
- The venue of any legal disputes concerning this contract are to be filed in Dallas, Dallas County, Texas.
Q: Do I need a credit card to rent from Competitive Cameras?
A: We do require a major credit card in the renter’s name as collateral for all rentals. We will place a hold on the credit card for the value of the equipment rented as collateral. The card must have the equipment value available towards the credit limit. A debit card WILL NOT WORK as it does not allow us to place a hold.
Q: What if I don’t have a credit card?
A: We also accept proof of insurance that will cover our rental gear or a cash deposit for the value of the gear rented. Proof of insurance required Competitive Cameras be listed on your policy as an Additional Insured and we will need a copy of the Additional Insured certificate from your insurance agent. Please contact your insurance agent for an additional insured certificate.
Q: What is the rental time period?
A: All rental rates are based on a 24 hour rental period. Rentals kept for longer than 24 hours will be charged accordingly. The weekly rental rate assumes up to a 7 day rental period. The weekend rental rate is 1 day for pickup after 12:00 PM on Friday and returning by 11:00 AM on Monday. Rentals returned after 11:00 AM on Monday are charged a 2nd day’s rental.